Monday, September 2, 2013

A Note to My Son's Teacher



Happy first day of school. It's such an exciting time of year... for the kids, the teachers and the parents.

I want you to know that my son has all of the required items from the list in his backpack... The pencils are sharpened, each item has his name on it (yes, each crayon, eraser and pencil crayon) and I put fancy laces in his shoes because he can't tie them himself yet. I went to three stores to get the right glue sticks. I got him to bed on time last night. 

He. Is. Ready. 


Or is he? 

You see, he has a lot of great skills.... But letters and printing and sitting quietly aren't on the list. I can't imagine him sitting through a spelling test. Maybe he will luck out and not get one this year. :) 

He is unique and quirky and will amaze you often. He loves to play and imagine and create. 

I ask that you please take the time to get to know him... To REALLY get to know him. Find something to connect with him. And I ask that you just love him. For who he is. Focus on his strengths rather than his weaknesses. I hope that you reserve a special place in your heart just for him. I hope he's "that kid" that you wonder about years later. 

Be good to my boy. He's precious beyond words. 

I know you understand, because you're a mom too. And you were probably up late worrying about your kids just like I was. 

And know that I understand. Because I'm a teacher too. And as much as I'm excited to meet my new students tomorrow.... My mind will be with my little boy.

I hope you're ready for him. 

Have a wonderful year. Thank you for taking him under your wing and teaching him to fly. 

- Sincerely, J's mommy
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment